Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Best. Art. Ever.

Today my friend Breonna and I wandered around Old Town Scottsdale and made nuisances of ourselves at various galleries.

Most of the galleries there seem to be run by rather crabby looking gray-haired men who seem intent on forcing you to buy something just because you looked at it.

One gallery was different, and it was awesome. Their website is here and inside the gallery was the coolest piece of art I have ever seen. Here's a picture:


from http://xanadugallery.com/Art/Detail.asp?InvID=7961

It is this gigantic metal thingy with a ton of little silver ball bearings that go through a sort of roller coaster of little tubes and tracks and cups and it is, in my humble opinion, the best art ever. Because it is noisy, and because it does something.

It also costs more than a BMW. But it is awesome.

The lady at the gallery was super nice. She told us we could touch anything we wanted (I had fun poking at various sculptures to see how heavy they were).

I think that's about it. I just had to share.

1 comment: